Thursday, November 11, 2010

Night and Lights





1. Angel and His Shadow - 11/10/10; 11:12pm; Smith Building; 20 sec; f/11; Canon Rebel Xs; Tripod
2. Two Circles - 11/10/10; 10:45pm; Smith Building; 10 sec; f/8; Canon Rebel Xs; Tripod
3. Psychedelic Joe -  11/10/10; 11:30pm; Smith Building; 6 sec; f/3.5; Canon Rebel Xs; Tripod; Flash
4. The Sea - 11/10/10; 11:05pm; Smith Building; 8 sec; f/11; Canon Rebel Xs; Tripod
5. Light Race - 11/11/10; 1:20am; The Pines; 1.3 sec; f/7.1; Canon Rebel Xs;
6. Red v. White - 11/11/10; 1:20am; The Pines; 1.3 sec; f/22; Canon Rebel Xs;
7. Light Tracks - 11/1/10; 10:15pm; The Cedars; 1.3 sec; f/4.0; Canon Rebel Xs


I had so much fun with this assignment! I love night and light shots. I did a smart sharpen on the shots  with Joe and Allen. This actually makes the glow sticks look pretty cool too. With the picture of Joe jumping I added some contrast as well. I did some cropping on Allen's picture to focus it on the important part of the picture. Oh and on Light Tracks I add some brightness for the trees. On Light Race I bumped up the vibrancy which helped the background color. Hope you all enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. These photos really stuck out this week! Great work Will. I am especially fascinated with "Red v. White"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your night and light pictures turned out awesome, Will! They all look great. I think my favorite is Psychedelic Joe, it's really creative! Good job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the one with the red lines, and the white lines below. I just loved how it turned out looking like a wave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE that you went beyond the perimeters of the assignment and really explored light painting. I love the variety of creations you did and found "angel and his shadow" very innovative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing job. You set the bar high with the lighting effects you were able to pull off. Thanks for sharing in class how you made it all work.

    ReplyDelete