Tuesday, September 21, 2010

EDITating

 
1. Mallory Layton: 09-20-10; 4pm; The Pines Parking; f/18; 1/200; Canon T1i
2. Harley: 09-20-10; 3pm; The Pines Parking; f/4.5; 1/640; Canon T1i

Once I took the Harley photo I knew I liked it and wanted to use it. I got a texture from a concrete block outside my apartment in some new building they are doing. Then I blended the two using overlay. I played with a lot of the blending modes but for this shot I decided I liked overlay best. With Mallory I had taken some fun pictures of her but didn't really know what I wanted to do with them. Then it dawned on me that I could do the repeat and fade type special type effect. I had fun with it.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you did the text on the top picture. I think it's cool that you did different words to describe the girl! Also, way awesome "Harley" picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Harley photo to, would you be able to post the originals of both? I just want to be able to compare those. I liked the texture, it makes the bike look rustic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'd also like to see the originals. Harley looks like it had been used on a road trip with that texture. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete