Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Flexible Filters and Adjustment Layers




1. Spout - 09-28-10; 7:45am; Rural Rexburg; f 5.6; 1/1000; Canon Rebel Xs
2. Yellow Truck 09-28-10; 9am; Rural Rexburg; f 5.6; 1/200; Canon Rebel Xs

For "Spout" what I had taken felt too dark especially on the actual spout so I wanted to lighten it up using Adjustment Layers. I used Screen to lighten the spout and put a 50% opacity mask on the water so that it didn't lighten up as much as the spout. For "Yellow Truck" I converted the image to a smart object then I put the Cutout filter on and messed with the levels of the filter to adjust it to what I wanted it to look like.

5 comments:

  1. I like that the truck looks almost like a painting or artwork of some sort. The shot of "spout" is very creative! The ripples in the edit look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spout picture is really interesting. I really like the ripples. I'd have to agree with Gracie,the truck does look like a painting. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like what you did with the spout. The original was good, but the extra lighting helped the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the spout picture is really cool... so is the truck smart filter- nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the painted look for the truck. the pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete