Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blur/Freeze














1. "My Ghost" 09/29/10 2:20pm; Bannack Ghost Town; f/22; 16 sec; Canon Rebel Xs
2. "Leaves!": 09/29/10 4:40pm; Bannack Ghost Town; f/4.0; 1/500; Canon Rebel Xs
3. "Vampiric Ghost": 09/29/10 2:15pm; Bannack Ghost Town; f/32; 16 sec; Canon Rebel Xs

I have played around with ghost shots before so those were quite fun. My subject in all three of these is Natalie Larsen. In "My Ghost" it was really whited out when I shot it because the previously location I was using for Ghost shots was darker. But I liked the shot so I made it black and white and turned down the brightness. For "Leaves" I just barely turned up the saturation and for "Vampiric Ghost" I adjusted saturation as well as turned down brightness and turned up contrast.

2 comments:

  1. I love your leaves picture. I like how some of the leaves are blurry showing they're moving. I also love Natalie's expression in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Bianca Carreno. I am Sister Esplin's TA and she asked me to look at everyones blog posts. I really like your action freeze shot with the leaves in the air. I like how you put the main object (the girl) on the thirds, The color of her shirt really adds a great accent color as well.

    ReplyDelete