Tuesday, October 12, 2010

RAWrrrr


1. Shanty Raw: 10/9/10; 1:30pm; Parker, ID; 1/200; f/6.3; Canon Rebel Xsi w/flash
2. Shanty Original: 10/9/10; 1:30pm; Parker, ID; 1/200; f/6.3; Canon Rebel Xsi w/flash

I thought the original was a pretty cool picture so I decided to use it as my raw edit. I don't remember using a flash but however either way the building was dull and I thought the picture could be a lot cooler. In raw I turned up Recovery and Vibrance on the whole picture. Also I turned down lights and darks on the tone curve, turned the yellows down and added a slight vignette. Also just on the wood using an adjustment brush I enhanced the wood by changing brightness down 100, contrast up 100, and sharpness up a little bit.

4 comments:

  1. I like this shot. I really like how you can see out of the window. I also like the edits. It makes the wood stand out a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool picture! It looks kinda like you took it through an HDR process. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the texture a lot and how you darkened it. Nice edit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job with the edits, looks great!

    ReplyDelete